Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Update on Spawning

Well I woke up, looked at the tank, and saw no eggs anywhere. He ate them. So I guess we'll just try again.

I at least know the kind of setup this particular pair needs. They need bright lights and little to no plants in the tank. The male will then need to keep the female in view. He stopped caring when he didn't have any other fishy motivation. I also read some other fish are like this....they will not care for their eggs if they dont have any other fish in view. That seems to kick the instincts into gear and keep them there.

Also, I should not be expecting a bubble nest from this male. Apparently some betta don't make nests until there is something to put in it and people have had successful batches with the small nest that result or no nest at all! So size doesnt matter.

I really want this pair to give me some fry. They are a beautiful pair and i think they would have beautiful babies BUT i think until they have a rest i'm going to try another pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment