Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2009

Pearl Gourami

Image of my male pearl
Two of my most favorite fish in my tank are my pair of pearl gouramis named Red and Candy. They are both beautiful and the male has many brilliant shades of blue gold and red. He's got a little kink on his head but its probably from his squeezing into areas he can't really fit into. They are pretty active, curious fish. I'm hoping to one day have them spawn. But isn't that every fish owners wish? For babies?

Some quick Stats
Order: Perciformes
Suborder: Anabantoidei
Family: Anabantidae
Genera: Trichogaster
Species: Leeri

Size: 4.5-5 inches
Tank: 30 gallons
Swimming level: Top and middle
PH: 6 to 7.5
Hardness: 5°-15° dH
Temperature: 78° to 82°F
Life Span: can live as long as 8 years
Origin: Asia, Thailand, Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment