Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

Breeding Betta

I am going to try and breed my betta again. I only ever got them to spawn once (haven't tried again since then) and that was years ago. The male didn't care for his eggs (sometimes a males first spawn doesn't go perfectly) I lost all those little potential babies.

I have been plotting some pairs. (the following images are not mine except for the white male betta and the steel gray male betta...just found images that look similar to what i have)
Black male plakat + blue female betta in hopes of getting black baby betta

White male plakat (my image) + one of my mostly white females in hopes of getting more white babies (LOVE the white bettas)

Steel blue/gray male plakat(my image) + blue female to pick up more on the steel blue color

and i would LOVE to find a female for my red dragon male i got the other day. just have to find any kind of dragon female and for some reason its been a bit difficult to find any females at all! Kind of sad cuz i love my little female betta.

I have all the things needed to breed my fishies...now i just need to set it up and pick my pair. initially i MAY just use any male whos willing to build a nest and they pick a female i think may look ok with his colors. but we'll see. i have 14 females and 15 males...i'm sure i can find a good pair with all those!

No comments:

Post a Comment