Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Update on the Choco

Been having some snags with the new gourami. Nothing serious. I got my water to a stable 81 degrees F which is great. I was worried about the water not being warm enough but i've got it now. Submersible GLASS heaters are the way to go if you don't have anything that will break it like an oscar or a turtle or some other large destructive animal.

I've occasionally seen a single ich spot on her and would add some meds (less than half strength because I have loaches) Haven't seen ich in a while now. Last night I saw some weird marks on her sides. Like some scales got knocked off or something but I really couldnt tell and her one eye has a weird cloudy spot on it. I added some slime coat treatment to the water and aquarium salt when I spotted the marks. Today shes all cleared up. I'm hoping I don't see any more problems.

Going to feed them all some mysis today. I haven't seen a critter turn mysis shrimp down so if you have a difficult fish to fed try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment