Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

Puffer Fish


I had a 3 gallon saltwater tank that just FLOPPED. I was gonna try over again but decided I wanted to get dwarf puffer fish for the small tank. They are a freshwater fish that doesn't grow larger than 1 inch. They eat live (snails, shrimp, black worms, blood worms, ect) or frozen foods (blood/black worms, mysis ect) and should be placed in a tank just for them. They are aggressive fin nippers and so would shred the fish I currently have. I could put them all together because they all live in the same bio type but that would be bad for my gouramis and bettas so the little 3 gallon tank will be converted into a dwarf puffer tank.

I might go to pick some up today. I will just use water from the 55 gallon to start the little tank since that water is already cycled and what have you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I love these fish.
    I've only ever seen them on youtube, but they look like absolute dolls to me. They are one of the species I was considering, though I've yet to see them for sale.
    Keep us posted on this one ^^
    Btw, this is Irrlich

    ReplyDelete